Our Creamy Potato Soup
Who doesn’t love digging into a warm bowl of comforting and creamy potato soup? We know it’s a well-loved classic, but we also know that it’s a time consuming process to peel, cube, and boil potatoes, then simmer for more time with a just-right set of ingredients to please the whole family. Most give up on the idea before even starting because it’s so cumbersome! But if you’re ready to add flavorful, perfectly-textured potato soup back onto your menu, our freeze-dried creamy potato soup is the perfect way to do it. Its quick and easy preparation makes it ideal for modern lifestyles, and the taste will have everyone wondering how you had the time to make it from scratch! Plus, it makes a great addition to emergency food storage, too. Ready to learn more?
Why We Love Freeze-Dried Creamy Potato Soup
We could go on and on about why we love our Creamy Potato Soup but we’re going to keep it simple:
- Hibernate’s Creamy Potato Soup is a go-to comfort food. Whether it’s being eaten during an emergency or on any cool fall evening, potato soup just feels homey and comforting and right. It’s got that home-cooked feeling with a just-right texture that comes from using diced potatoes instead of just potato flakes.
- Hibernate’s Creamy Potato Soup is nutritious and filling. The humble potato may be scoffed at by some, but we celebrate all of its nutritional power and appreciate its gently filling nature—especially in stressful circumstances.
- Hibernate’s Creamy Potato Soup is super quick and easy to prepare. It may taste like grandma’s best potato soup recipe that simmered on the stove for an hour or more, but it comes with the ease of a freeze-dried soup that’s ready in just a few minutes.
And a few bonus reasons to love our favorite freeze-dried potato soup? It’s versatile, stores safely for decades, and comes alongside a variety of other delicious meals that help keep things interesting, even in an emergency.Why Did We Add Creamy Potato Soup To Our Food Storage Kits?
We added this Creamy Potato Soup to all of our emergency food storage kits for all the reasons we just mentioned! If something is good enough to love as an everyday meal, why wouldn’t we want to make sure we had it in a 6-month premium food supply too? At Hibernate, we prioritize nutritious emergency food above all, but without sacrificing great taste and a good variety the entire family can enjoy with ease and speed no matter what else is going on in life. Our Creamy Potato Soup made the cut—so you’ll find it in every emergency food supply kit we sell!
How Nutritious Is Hibernate’s Creamy Potato Soup?
As mentioned, Hibernate only uses high-quality ingredients with a focus on serious nutrition. An emergency situation is not a good time to lower your standards for what fuels your mind and body! With that in mind, we carefully choose which foods will make it into our meal kits because they add nutritional value—not because they pad calorie counts or make things cheaper. Let’s take a closer look at our Creamy Potato Soup’s nutrition facts.Creamy Potato Soup Nutrition
Don’t get caught up in the false idea that potatoes aren’t nutritious. They are a great source of energy, vitamins, and even antioxidants! For instance, in every serving of our Creamy Potato Soup, you’ll find:
8 g Fat
33 g Carbohydrates
2 g Fiber
2 g Sugar
4 g Protein
10% DRV Potassium
6% DRV Iron
But don’t forget—it also delivers on vitamin B6, vitamin C, manganese, and folate!
Favorite Things To Add To Creamy Potato Soup
On its own, this tasty freeze-dried soup offers serious nutritional benefits, and we love it for that. But we also appreciate a changeup now and then, which is why we love that our Creamy Potato Soup serves as a foundation for so many different variations of homey goodness. Try adding these to your freeze-dried potato soup for extra flavor, texture, and nutrition!
- Cheese—A variety of cheeses can take your soup in so many different directions
- Bacon Bits—Bring in some richness and salt
- Broccoli—More bite and color so you can eat a nutritious rainbow
- Cauliflower—Added texture and nutrition
- Peas—Add a dose of bright sweetness
- Onions—Depth of flavor
- Corn—Make it fresh or layer in smokiness with a roasted variety
- More potatoes—For an even thicker and more filling soup
- Spinach—Get more magnesium and iron
- Zucchini—A bright textural element
- Chicken—Extra protein
- Garlic—Bonus antioxidants and sickness-fighting power
- Herbs & Spices—Flavor on flavor
- Milk—Additional creaminess and calcium
Whether it’s summer or winter, whether what you add is fresh or freeze-dried, and whether it’s an emergency or not, we love that there are so many ways to customize this tasty potato soup recipe to make it entirely your own.
Potatoes: A Must-Have In Your Emergency Food Supply
We love potatoes for their filling, nutritious, and everybody-loves-them nature. They’re a great way to boost energy in stressful situations and they are the perfect base for creating custom meals that the entire family can enjoy. And, when prepared and stored properly, they can last decades on the shelf, ensuring your family has the right food insurance necessary in case of an emergency.
Our Creamy Potato Soup ticks all these boxes and more—which is why you need it in your own emergency food storage supply! Shop for this and other delicious freeze-dried meals, fruits and vegetables, and add-ons at Hibernate.com today!